Spring Term Stories
5 ways to get your child interested in books
1. Surround them with a diverse book collection - their tastes change all the time and they can suddenly start loving something new from out of nowhere!
2. Read around them - in the car, in the shops, on the way to school. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
3. Be animated - do the voices and the actions - this will grab their attention!
4. Read to them before bedtime - it’s comforting with little distractions.
5. Read the stories they love as many times as they like - repetition is key to supporting their learning and development.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and we also use a 'crfstoken' token to prevent cross site request forgery.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: