These are the focus stories we have learnt so far this year:
- Where's Spot?
- Owl Babies
- Peace at Last
- Polar Bear Polar Bear, What do you Hear?
- Brown Bear Brown Bear, What do you See?
- Walking Through the Jungle
- Rumble in the Jungle
- The Enormous Turnip
- The Enormous Watermelon
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- This is the Bear and the Picnic Lunch
Spot dosen't want his tea, so goes in hiding, so his Mum has to look for him.Copyright- King Rollo Films and BBC, 1986
Read aloud of "Titch" of Patch Hutchins.This in NOT an AR Book.*No copyright intended. I do not own any of the text or images presented in the video. If you ...
Peace at Last by Jill Murphy, brought to life by Simple Stories!Please visit our;Website - http://www.simplestories.netFacebook - http://www.facebook.com/pag...
5 ways to get your child interested in books
1. Surround them with a diverse book collection - their tastes change all the time and they can suddenly start loving something new from out of nowhere!
2. Read around them - in the car, in the shops, on the way to school. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
3. Be animated - do the voices and the actions - this will grab their attention!
4. Read to them before bedtime - it’s comforting with little distractions.
5. Read the stories they love as many times as they like - repetition is key to supporting their learning and development.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is
used to prevent cross site request forgery.
An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
An 'awsUploads' object is used to facilitate file uploads.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: